Building a Garden Room
UK Garden Room use the fabric first approach when building a garden room meaning all of the garden studio, garden rooms and garden offices structures that we supply are manufactured from the highest quality materials for your peace of mind and your complete comfort. All the structures we provide are made from our EEfit Building System comprised of Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs), with optional external finishes either coated in Kestrel PVC-UE cladding or Western red cedar timber and are A-rated in terms of energy efficiency.
PVC – Reducing Building Maintenance
Back in 2008, PVC was recognised by the Building Research Establishment for its sustainable benefits – it was awarded an A+ rating, which is the highest possible rating for any building material. This cladding allows us to provide you with garden offices that require minimal on-going maintenance.
Just a few advantages of purchasing your garden studio office from UK Garden Room include:
Outstanding thermal performance, reducing energy bills for your garden office. All garden offices come with PUR insulation to ensure the office is heated evenly, with no cold spots.
Environmentally Sustainable Garden Room Designs
All of our structures are built with environmental sustainability in mind.
From the timber we source to the PUR insulation we use building a garden room, we are committed to having as little impact as possible on the environment around us. The solid construction of our garden buildings offers more rigidity and sturdiness than the timber frame systems out there. Superior air-tightness makes it easy to control the temperature inside your garden office.
Quick construction thanks to the SIPs that comprise the garden office.
The constructions we provide are comprised of:
- Floor at 100mm SIP on a 50×50 treated timber frame, sat on adjustable plastic feet.
- Walls at 12.5mm plasterboard with a 19x38mm batten – a 100mm SIP with a breathable membrane, and a 50×50 batten with kestrel cladding.garden studio plans.
- Roofs are built with 12.5mm plasterboard and 19x38mm battens – also a 125/150mm SIP (depending on the size of your garden office), along with a rubber roof. We also offer a suspended ceiling arrangement with no plasterboard or batten.
- Doors and windows are made from Eurocell UPVC with stub sills and toughened safety glass. Also anti-bump/snap door locks with an 8mm Georgian bar an optional extra.
- The interior of your garden office is plaster finished; ready to be decorated.
- Electric sockets come fitted as standard, with energy efficient LED lighting installed for illumination.Please note that earth screw foundations are included in our price to prepared ground. Although you do not need to be precise, the ground where the garden room is to be sited should be cleared to a reasonably level surface.
We don’t supply cheap garden sheds or timber frame buildings. We do supply high quality SIPS constructed garden rooms, excellent value and the best buy for your budget.
We Take Health and Safety very seriously
All our tradesmen are trained, qualified and competent to install our garden rooms on your site. Each person has a site induction course and are issued with risk assessments and a method statement. My Eco Space and all our contractors are insured to work on your property. Our garden rooms are covered by a 10 year insurance backed structural design and defects warranty